Monday 15 November 2021

New Zealand Covid-19 border removal (Reflection Section)

Text Title: Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern urged to confirm Auckland COVID-19 border removal, set 'Freedom Day'

Text Type: News Report
Text Creator: Newshub
Text Purpose: To inform the rest of New Zealand about the border removal
Critical Question: What is the text about? How do we know?
Date: 15/11/21

Critical Question: The text is about borders re-opening inside New Zealand, People are calling it; "Freedom Day" We know this because there is a news article and a News confrence with Ardern questioning her about this so called "Freedom Day". 

What would have been more than 100 days in Covid-19 lockdown, Auckland could see its “freedom day” announced within the month, but the key question remains about how life will look like at that stage. On Monday, Prime Minister Jacinda said the “strong expectation” is that Tāmaki Makaurau will hit 90 per cent double-vaccinated this month and will move into the traffic light framework following a check-up on November 29th. The traffic light system allows more freedoms than the phased stepping-down through alert level 3, resembling life at alert level 2 but with the added protection of high vaccination coverages and restrictions for unvaccinated people. There has been riots and protestors of people asking for freedom instead of being locked down in one part of the country personally I think that this is a bad idea for Auckland to be released to other areas of New Zealand because Covid-19 could reach areas like the South island.

Credit: 
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/126928758/covid19-a-freedom-day-for-auckland-nears-the-spread-of-covid19-elsewhere-looms






No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Year 10 Writing Portfolio (English)

For my English Portfolio, I am adding my favourite writing work that I've accomplished this year. My work is getting better over time an...