Monday 8 November 2021

Teenager Lego with Gun drama (Reflection Section)

Credit-  
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2021/10/german-town--teenager-runs-up-and-down-street-with-lego-gun.html
https://sports.yahoo.com/restaurant-owner-mistook-teenagers-lego-152542654.html

Text Title: 
"German town shaken after teenager runs up and down street with Lego gun"
Text Type: News Report
Text Creator: Newshub
Text Purpose: To inform people about how a teenager alarmed a town because of a lego gun
Critical Question: What is the text about? How do we know?
Date: 8/11/21

A 15-year-old German boy has scared residents of the village of Lindau, by carrying a gun made of LEGO bricks. A restaurant owner called in the police, who went in a group. Witnesses saw the boy running up and down the town's main street. He was dressed in a camouflage outfit and was holding the fake gun. Residents of Lindau were shocked by the boy and did not realize that it was a LEGO gun. "We had no choice but to go straight to it with a lot of people and material," a police officer told local media. Many police cars were used to stop the boy. The federal police were also called in. The boy was soon found to be carrying a fake gun, but has been charged with scaring the neighborhood.

Critical Question: What is the text about? How do we know?
This text is about a chaotic event that happened that made a 15-year-old boy look like he was handling a gun, but in reality it was a LEGO gun, the boy is not being named for security reasons and has been charged for shocking his hometown, we know this because of News articles from around the globe.


German Restaurant Boss Mistakes Teen Lego Gun for Real Weapon: Reuters


8 comments:

  1. Hello Kaedun, This is a tragic humerus story, The boy should've been more self aware of how his actions could impact the people around him. I like how you have described the story in more detail than the news article actually gives us. Next time I think that you could add in some images to relate towards the story to give the reader more attention towards your Reflection. Keep up the Great work! -Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I've taken your advise and added a related image to the cause, In the image you may see some German police officers. The officers in that photo is the actual photo from the LEGO Gun Drama.
      -Kaedun

      Delete
  2. Incredible Work Kaedun, I like the way you have really went in depth when it came to explaining the situation. I also like how you have quoted the article. Maybe next time you could link the article as it looks very interesting? Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Aaron, I've linked the Article at the top section of my post. The Article doesn't give to much information about the chaotic event but I've researched through many Articles to find key information to describe my personal best on what happened.

      Delete
  3. Hey Kaedun I like how you described everything. I also really liked the pictures you put onto the post to show the police officers. Maybe next time you could try add more than 1 photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your response Danielle, I try to keep my work simplistic and not over the top with to much compacted images.

      Delete
  4. Hi Kaedun, what an amazing post you wrote (and quite funny) post you did about the police in Germany chasing a teenager running around with a fake (LEGO) gun which caused a big drama and alarmed the village.
    I think the teenager should've been aware on the consequences of even ground out with a toy LEGO gun.
    This is a wonderful post, but I think that there is something's you need to change/improve on: I think (this is what I do) you should write the critical literacy question and answer first and then write the brief down, so the viewers can understand better. Also, I think you need to put the sources/credits at the bottom of the post so it is better. Lastly, it's best to reference the person or webpage that you attained the image from - because if you don't it is copyright.
    Overall, I think you have done an exquisite job creating your blog post - well done, and keep up the amazing work!
    I hope reading your next amazing post! Have a good day!

    - Khush

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kaedun,I really like how you put and gather information about the text, I also like how you put and link the information that you have been taken. That remind me of in my next blog post, I will put link of the information that I have taken and put it on my blog post. Maybe next time you could add more images instead of 1 you can put 2 but anyways I really like reading your blogpost keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Year 10 Writing Portfolio (English)

For my English Portfolio, I am adding my favourite writing work that I've accomplished this year. My work is getting better over time an...