Tuesday 21 September 2021

The Lake (Reading Features)

Post Reading Questions:
Who is the main character? - Harold Who is Tally? - The Girl that drowned Who is Margaret? - Harold's Wife Who finds Tally’s body? - The Lifeguard What was the tone of the text? - Reminiscent What were the moods of the text? - Depressing Language features- Listening- To listen is to give attention to sound or action. Example: The wave shut me off from the world, from the birds in the sky, the children on the beach, my mother on the shore. Figurative Language- Figurative language is when you describe something by comparing it to something else. Example: It was like nailing summer into a series of coffins. Dialogue- A conversation between two or more people. Example: Wait'll I watch my goose-bumps Emotive Language- Means to persuade the reader or listener to share the writer or speaker's point of view Example: All of the hot-dog stands were boarded up with strips of golden planking, sealing in all the mustard, onion, meat odors of the long, joyful summer Allusions- An allusion is when we hint at something and expect the other person to understand what we are referencing
Example: I stood there, watching the sun take away the water beads on my arms. I replaced them with goose-pimples Credits: https://www.istockphoto.com/photos/woman-reading-book-by-the-lake http://hpskhushp.blogspot.com/2021/09/the-lake-language-features.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Year 10 Writing Portfolio (English)

For my English Portfolio, I am adding my favourite writing work that I've accomplished this year. My work is getting better over time an...