Tuesday 21 September 2021

The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty (Reflection Section)

Text Title- The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty
Text Type- Narrative
Text Creator: James Thurber
Text Purpose: To Create a story using imagination.
Critical Question: What would happen if Walter Mitty Died in one of his daydreams?

Summary of the Book:

Walter Mitty is an employee at Life magazine, spends day after day developing photos for the publication. To escape the tedium, Walter inhabits a world of exciting daydreams in which he is the undeniable hero. Walter fancies a fellow employee named Cheryl and would love to date her, but he feels unworthy. However, he gets a chance to have a real adventure when Life's new owners send him on a mission to obtain the perfect photo for the final print issue.

Film Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD6cy4PBQPI

Critical Question:
If Walter Mitty died in one of his daydreams, would it mean he is in a major life transition like what scientists suggest? or would it be something different like that he actually dies in reality too? This got me thinking, he is a normal person with an open imagination so it could mean goodbye to a relationship, a job, or a home. It could represent a part of him that is dying or something that he'd like to escape. This goes for anyone who dies in a dream/daydream.

2 comments:

  1. Good blog Kaedun, I like how you used a lot of good vocabulary and explained what you were saying clearly.I think next time link the book instead of the film trailer because you read the book not watched the film they could be a bit different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Kaleb, I was just putting the Trailer because i was summarising the "Reflection Section" About the film, I have wrote about the book in a previous post if you would like to check that out!. Thanks for commenting. :)

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Year 10 Writing Portfolio (English)

For my English Portfolio, I am adding my favourite writing work that I've accomplished this year. My work is getting better over time an...