Tuesday 28 September 2021

Sun Tzu- Art Of War (Reflection Section)

Text Title- Art of war

Text Type- Non Fiction
Text Creator: Sun Tzu
Text Translator: Ralph D. Sawyer
Text Purpose: To demonstrate military strategies for war
Critical Question: Why did Sun Tzu make the art of war?

Summary of the book:
This book tells us to 
Know when to fight and when not to fight, to avoid what is strong and strike at what is weak. Know how to deceive the enemy, to appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak. To know your strengths and weaknesses, and if you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles.

Poems:
https://maorinews.com/writings/poems/artofwar.htm

Text info:
To Learn the Summary of each chapter in the Art Of War -
https://www.getstoryshots.com/books/the-art-of-war-summary/

Critical Question:
The only information on the web about why Sun Tzu wrote the book was to teach a detailed explanation and analysis of the 5th-century Chinese military, from weapons and strategy to ranks and discipline. It stated that Sun Tzu had never lost a battle, and that he was one of the first treatice in warfare history. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kaedun!
    I love how you made the answer to your critical literacy question explicit because I know a couple people who doesnt do that and its very hard to find. I also love how you added the poem and info so I can further understand about this non fiction poem. I dont see much that you could improve. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Year 10 Writing Portfolio (English)

For my English Portfolio, I am adding my favourite writing work that I've accomplished this year. My work is getting better over time an...