Friday 12 June 2020

Pikelets

On Tuesday we made Pikelets and we made it with this process, ingredients and when we made this some of them were kinda burnt but they tasted all the same the thing we needed to work on was trying to cook it on the correct temperature because we had it on 7 but we needed to turn it all the way down to 5 when we did this it turned out perfectly and we were all proud of the work we had accomplished.
Ingredients:
1 cup Edmonds Standard Grade Flour 1 tsp Edmonds Baking Powder1/4 tsp salt1 egg1/4 cup Chelsea White Sugar3/4 cup Meadow Fresh Original Milk (approx.)


Method: 

Sift Edmonds Standard Grade Flour, Edmonds Baking Powder and salt into a bowl.
In another bowl beat egg and Chelsea White Sugar until thick. Add with Meadow Fresh Original Milk to the sifted ingredients. Mix until smooth.
Spoon tablespoon-full amounts onto a hot greased griddle or non-stick frying pan. Turn pikelets over when bubbles start to appear on the surface. Cook until golden.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kaedun. Wow! Did your pikelets really look like the photo? I am pleased to see that you have researched this recipe to include in this blog. However, What is a griddle? Did you use one? I think not! A suggestion - next time heat your pan on medium from the start and it should cook perfect pikelets for the entire mixture. Also, use a brush to brush melted butter over the pan base rather than a putting a lump of butter in. I suggest you make some of these at home. I am sure everyone will like them.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Year 10 Writing Portfolio (English)

For my English Portfolio, I am adding my favourite writing work that I've accomplished this year. My work is getting better over time an...