Monday 29 June 2020

Parihaka - Day of Plunder

Venture Taranaki | OA Systems
Parihaka Was something about a tribe peacefully communicating to get their land back and then the military got involved for more information not out of my words but about a actual Artical's work click here https://nzhistory.govt.nz/occupation-pacifist-settlement-at-parihaka - Parihaka took place at Taranaki -here is a photo of the tribes land. Te Whiti and Tohu were arrested and jailed for 16 months, 1,600 Parihaka inhabitants were expelled and dispersed throughout Taranaki without food or shelter and the remaining 600 residents were issued with government passes to control their movement. Soldiers looted and destroyed most of the buildings at Parihaka. Here is a short video related to Parihaka- 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Year 10 Writing Portfolio (English)

For my English Portfolio, I am adding my favourite writing work that I've accomplished this year. My work is getting better over time an...